Tower Construction served as Construction Manager for this 16-acre development located at the south west corner of 13 Mile and Woodard Avenue. Our scope of work began with demolishing the 212,000 SF existing shopping center and parking lot. Installation of the new utility infrastructure followed, including three separate underground detention systems totaling 92,718 CF. We completed the core and shell construction of all seven retail buildings totaling 122,000 SF along with finishing out multiple white boxes.
122,000 SF Retail
The entire development was constructed per FM Global Build Requirements (hospital grade). Other features unique to this development include:
- Low impact landscape design elements such as rain gardens, bioswales and permeable planters
- Gathering spaces at the corners of Woodward Avenue & Thirteen Mile Road and Woodward Avenue & Coolidge Road equipped with power and data
- A healing garden separating Beaumont Hospital from the retail development adorned with three moon benches and also equipped with power and data.
- Decomposed granite walking paths with strategically placed benches
- High end exterior building finishes that include metal panels, stone, decorative masonry, custom canopies and awnings, and specialty Low Iron Glass that provides Low-e protection with an ultra-clear quality
- A facial recognition security camera system throughout the entire development
Catherine DeDecker www.PhotosByCatherine.com
Laszio Regos www.Lasziofoto.com